TTT Secondary Music
Choral and General Music or Instrumental and General Music
Fall Semester 2013 ($2,800)
|Educ 201*||2 cr||Foundations of Education
Field experiences arranged with the instructor
|Educ 302||2 cr||Adolescent Exceptional Learners|
|Educ 321*||2 cr||Middle School Curriculum & Instruction
Field experience arranged with the instructor
Spring Semester 2014 ($2,800)
|Educ 309||2 cr||Educational Psychology|
|Educ 314*||2 cr||Secondary Curriculum & Instruction
Field experience arranged with the professor (36 hours)
|Mus 330||2 cr||Teaching Secondary School Music|
Fall Semester 2014 ($2,800)
|Educ 410*||6 cr||Transition to Teaching Practicum
Full days for at least 12 weeks, plus additional
time to complete a professional portfolio
Total 18 cr ($8,400**)
* denotes course including significant field experience component
** All prices based on the 2012-13 academic year and may increase for the 2013-14 year.
- The teaching license will only be valid for middle/junior high and high school choral and general music or instrumental and general music.
- All candidates must have completed a bachelor’s degree in music from a regionally accredited institution.
- Choral Candidates are required to arrange an audition and/or interview with the Goshen College music department faculty to verify: advanced vocal performance; private teaching experience in voice or another instrument; keyboard proficiency; experience and expertise in conducting choral ensembles.
- Instrumental Candidates are required to arrange an audition and/or interview with the Goshen College music department faculty to verify: advanced performance skill in at least one instrument; basic performance skills on brass, woodwind, string and percussion instruments; private teaching experience in at least one instrument; keyboard proficiency; experience and expertise in conducting instrumental ensembles.
- Following the interview/audition the music department will submit a written statement to the education department to indicate either the department’s endorsement of the candidate, an endorsement with specific expectations for increasing skills and/or experience, or a recommendation not to admit the candidate to the Transition to Teaching Program. There will be a $50 audition fee.
Applicants must submit all necessary materials by June 1, 2013 to be considered for preliminary admission.