Are you interested in becoming a teacher?
Are you wondering what types of courses you should take in college? Would you like to explore more about teaching to see if this is a career for you?
Spend a day exploring Goshen College’s education program for answers to your questions. You will meet professors, students and teachers who will answer your questions and provide advice about preparing for college and a career in teaching.
Sign up now and receive partial reimbursement of your travel costs up to $150. Conditions apply so be sure to check the details.
A passion for teaching to transform our world.
Goshen College is a private Christian liberal arts college in Goshen, Ind., and we are looking for students who share our passion for teaching to transform our world.
Five Reasons to Explore Teaching at GC:
- Education students teach in their first year, followed by at least five additional field placements in area schools.
- Over 90% of our graduates in the last three years who sought a teaching position are employed as teachers.
- Over 95% of our students pass the teaching board exams.
- International teaching experience is encouraged as part of the international study abroad program.
- Goshen College alumni are changing the world through teaching domestically and across the globe following graduation.
Goshen College has a lot to offer, so come spend a day with us. We look forward to meeting you!
Schedule of Events:
9 a.m. – 9:15 a.m.
Registration and Introduction of Programs
9:15 a.m. - 10 a.m.
10 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
Campus Convocation Gathering
10:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Student Panel: Becoming a Teacher at Goshen College
11:30 a.m. - 12 p.m.
What Can I Expect from College Courses for Becoming a Teacher?
12 p.m. - 1 p.m.
1 p.m. - 2 p.m.
Lunch in Dining Hall
2 p.m. - 2:15 p.m.
Goshen Core Curriculum
2:15 – 3 p.m.
3 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Optional activities: application opportunity, dorm tour, talk with admission counselor, or meet your overnight host.
If you have any questions or would like to learn more
Dr. Christie Bonfiglio,
Department Chair, Director of Special Education
Phone: (574) 535-7440