Students can be certified to teach fifth through 12th grades upon completion of teacher education requirements for teachers of early adolescence, adolescence and young adults and content requirements in the chosen field of instruction. Goshen offers teaching majors in business/technology, chemistry, English, English as a new language, journalism, Spanish, mathematics, music, physical education, physics, life science, social studies and theater arts.
Certification for secondary teaching (grades 5-12 or K-12) includes
- completion of general education requirements
- a major in a content area
- any additional subject matter coursework required for certification
- a professional-education component
- a minimum of 124 hours and recommendation by Goshen College