Education and Prevention
In a variety of ways, the college educates, informs, and promotes safety awareness on-campus. Some of these programs are:
- A master plan for campus lighting was developed and additional outdoor light fixtures installed.
- Landscape changes have been made to remove safety hazards near campus sidewalks.
- The telephone numbers for campus security, police, fire and ambulance are affixed to campus phones in public entry ways.
- Residence hall staff addresses issues of safety and security with residents and collaborates with others to plan educational programs.
- A “Sexuality Packet”, which addresses rape, self-defense and personal safety, and alcohol and sexual decision-making, is available to all students, faculty and staff.
- Self-defense training is offered to women periodically on campus.
- Bicycle owners are encouraged to register their bikes with the city. This can be done at the physical plant.
- The Campus Health and Wholeness Committee and First-year Colloquium are channels for educational programming.
- An ad hoc campus security committee is appointed as needed to review security policies and procedures and to recommend changes and improvements.
Important Telephone Numbers
- Security 535-7599
- Vice President for Student Life 535-7543
- Associate Dean of Students 535-7543
- Director of Facilities 535-7351
- Campus Minister 535-7542
- Wellness & Health Center 535-7474
- Campus Counselor 535-7474
- Coordinator for Sexual Assault Prevention Victim Services 535-7474
*If dialing from campus, you do not need to dial
the “535″ prefix.
- Police 9-911
- Fire 9-911
- Ambulance 9-911
- IU Health Goshen Hospital 533-2141
- Oaklawn 533-1234
**If dialing from an on-campus phone, you must first dial “9″ to reach an outside line.