Essentials of Human Resource Management
Goshen College School of Business is offering the following five-week course on Thursday evenings from 5:30-8:30 p.m. beginning August 28, 2014. The instructor is Norm Bakhit, Director of Human Resources at Goshen College. The course fee of $495 includes materials. The class will meet in Newcomer Center at Goshen College. Registrations must be received by August 19, 2014.
This program helps front-line managers and supervisors, entry-level HR staff, and people who want to enter the field learn how to effectively handle issues related to performance management, recruiting and retention, and labor and employment law.
You’ll leave with a dictionary of commonly used HR terms that can be applied throughout your organization and an understanding of the multiple and varied human resource functions. This knowledge can make you a better manager and protect your organization from needless litigation. The class introduces concepts you can use on the job even if you work outside HR. There is no prerequisite for this course.
Who Should Attend
- Human resource generalists and support staff in large organizations who need an overview of HR functions
- Non-human resource employees with human resource assignments
- Managers and others who recruit, train, and evaluate staff
- Entry-level human resource professionals
- Those seeking a career in HR
In this five week course you will learn about:
- Essential roles and responsibilities of human resource departments
- Laws, compliance, and liability
- Recruiting the best employees
- Compensation and benefits systems
- Orientation, training, and development
- Performance management, measurement, and method