Witmer Woods is an 18-acre arboretum of native shrubs and trees within walking distance of campus. Witmer Woods was acquired by Goshen College in 1941 to be used as a natural recreation area. Dr. Witmer and his students transplanted trees and shrubs to create an arboretum. This valuable resource and learning tool is a fitting tribute to one who contributed so much to identifying and preserving plant life.
Find out more about Dr. S.W. Witmer and the Witmer Endowment Fund.