Most students who need help paying for college fill out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to become eligible for financial assistance from the federal and state government. Remember, financial aid applications can be overwhelming, but it’s simpler than it seems. And you don’t have to do this alone—our financial aid office is here to help if you have any questions.
- Apply for admission to Goshen College. You can fill out the FAFSA at the same time, but you won’t hear back about how much aid you can receive until you’ve been admitted to the program.
- Get a PIN number from the U.S. Department of Education. By requesting a pin number and having it sent to you via email, you can fill out and sign your FAFSA online, which will save you time in the process. (If you don’t want to fill it out online, see instructions for mailing the form.)
- Complete and submit your FAFSA. Students should specify 001799 as the code number for Goshen College.
- Once you have your FAFSA results, and after you’ve been accepted for admission, Goshen College will send you a Financial Aid Award letter describing the aid you are eligible to receive. Review, sign and return one copy of your Financial Aid Award notice to the Goshen College financial aid office.
- If you are applying for Federal Loans for the first time, there are two more documents you need to turn in: